Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I just stumbled upon the most horrifying piece of crap that I have ever found on the Internet. Considering the source, that is a pretty huge statement! But as I was doing some extra research on Addison's Disease in dogs (I'm doing an ACTCH stim on Luna tomorrow... but that's another story, for another day), I stumbled upon an ad that I had originally planned to link to, but I am not giving this idiot the publicity (but google Addison's Disease in dogs, and it'll come up.) I mean, yeah- I knew something bad was coming, since the page summary was "what your stupid vet isn't telling you," but I usually enjoy the ridiculous crap that random people put up under the guise of having some sort of medical knowledge. But this... I was grinding my teeth so hard by the end that I am surprised I have anything left by nubs.
Yeah, I get that this fool is trying to get people to buy his book, and needs to make outlandish claims to make that happen. But to inform the world that veterinarians and other caregivers don't care about the dog, don't care about the owners, and don't care if the dog "dies in your arms" is just wrong. WRONG. I mean, first, way to put that suggestion into the heads of people who are panicked and worried about their dog! I suppose that, when they mistrust their vets and look elsewhere for help, you will be the one answering those phone calls and offering guidance? And second, how dare you insinuate such a thing to begin with? I can't even begin to describe how much veterinarians and their staff care, and the lengths that any of us would go to to ensure that if your pet does have to die in your arms, it is due to a peaceful euthanasia.
Oh, and there's another point- telling the world that pet foods are made from the corpses of animals still full of euthanasia solution, which is what causes illnesses in pets in the first place. What??? First, I don't know where your pet food is coming from , but if there really were "tons" of euthanized pets made into pet food every month, we probably wouldn't have food back ordered all the time due to a "lack of ingredient sources up to standards." That is, sorry to say it this way, a complete and total load of bullshit. And second, euthanized animals are not dumped into barrels and carted off for food companies; I know this because I have lovingly wrapped tons deceased pets for owners to take home and bury, to be sent of for cremation or to be taken to a pet cemetery. We care about these pets as much after their death as we did in life.
Another point in this guys load of b.s. is the claim that doctors in general prescribe medications that they know are less effective instead of medications proven to be more effective. After spewing a bunch of crap about big bad pharmaceutical companies that made no sense, I can only conclude that is guy thinks that doctors do this just for fun.

Bottom line: don't believe everything you read on the Internet. And if it sounds like a load of shit, it probably is!

3 responses:

Grey Horse Matters said...

You can find just about any kind of nut trying to make a buck on the internet. The sad thing is a lot of people really fall for this nonsense.

Anonymous said...

Of my two years working at a vet clinic, I can say one of the things that makes me proudest is that I got to work with a staff that cared so deeply for both the pet and the owners. Experiencing that kind of compassion on a daily basis changed me for the better.

I would truly like to kick this dude in the nuts.

Dragonfly said...

Plenty of people say the same about human medicine related stuff as well. Trying to guilt people into buying their product to prove they love their child/pet.
I wonder if the amount of crap like that on the internet will increase with the "current economic climate".

 

Made by Lena