Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thursday Thunks! Twilight, Emails, Being Nude And More Crazy Questions!

Yay for Thursday Thunks posting on Wednesday! I am currently sitting in a hospital room watching my littlest cuz sleep off her pain medicine (complications from a tonsillectomy have kept her here for three days and counting... she should be fine, but is miserable!)

1. Recently Berleen and I discovered the allure of the Twilight series. Have you ever been sucked in to the latest "thing"? (Like Harry Potter, the movie Titanic, social networking, etc. etc. etc.)
Well, I have always rebelled hard core against those things... and then give in! I saw Titanic multiple times, Harry Potter is the best thing ever and I owned enough slap bracelets to start my own slap bracelet store!

2. What software do you use for your email?
Hotmail and Gmail.

3. Are you comfortable being nude?
Yup! I used to shower with my clothes on, but it got too complicated so I had to learn to get naked for it. Still won't get naked outside of the bathroom though- I am seeking a support group to overcome that!

4. What is something you plan on doing this summer?
Driving to Louisville for the Derby!!! Driving to nearby cities whenever the Cubs come to town, so that I can root loudly and be obnoxious to the home teams fans. Swim/Hike/Nap in a hammock/Horseback ride/Camp, repeat! I love summer!

5. Do you have a favorite movie/book quote? If so, what is it?
I have a TON! Have a sample:
“Of course it is happening inside your head, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” Albus Dumbledore
“So what did I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. I figure fuck it, while I'm at it why not just shoot my buddy, take his job, give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe and join the National Guard? I could be elected president.” Will, “Good Will Hunting”

6. How many email addresses do you have?
Uuuuum, three? I think...

7. Is the sky falling?
I suspect that pieces are falling on my head, and that is why I get so many headaches!

8. Have you been to the Grand Canyon?
No, and visiting it will probably be one of the stereotypical American "things" that I will give up and have to go see one day!

9. When was the last time you mailed a hand written letter?
Probably like 15 years ago, when I hand wrote a fan letter to an author I loved. I embraced the whole typing on a computer thing quickly because of terrible spelling!

13 responses:

Unknown said...

Love #3!!

Anonymous said...

Nice answer for #3. lol
15 years since you've handwritten a letter?! Wow!

Ria said...

I'm going to bring up #7 next time I'm discussing migraines with my dr. Maybe a helmet?

Kimber said...

Love the answers! Thanks for playing!

Katie! said...

#3: Silly girl. That is not comfort. You live on a big piece of land - go outside and let your skin breathe! I guarantee your pups won't even notice.

:)

Tintin.Tetay said...

WoW! We use the same template. ;)

LOL @ #3.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Never shower with close unless you can't afford to wash them. :) Very funny, great job! Enjoy the day...

Berleen said...

LOL @ the headaches.... I'm gonna use that one!

Amber said...

#3 made me snicker...
Did your spelling really improve with the computer?

Lisa G said...

Fantastic quote from Good Will Hunting!

Carey said...

Go Cubbies!

Christine said...

I want to be part of your summer!!

Happy Thursday!

Blessings,
Christine

Paula said...

I wonder if that is why I am having headaches!

 

Made by Lena