Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The pre-panic attack

I have spent the last two hours going over the school catalog so that I will be ready to meet with my advisor tomorrow. I've been working this lovely little puzzle where I have juggled summer classes that last for both sessions with summer classes that are only in session one, and then ones that are only session two. Since all the credit hours are the same, I end up banging out more credit hours than if I took all full-summer courses. Cool, right?
Now, here's the hitch. While my transcript review did end up crediting me all of my classes that I had taken before, it did not reflect the AP exam scores that had gotten me out of Freshman English and Psychology 101. Obviously, Psychology 101 (or whatever equivalent) is a pre-req to EVERY CLASS I NEED TO TAKE. Oh, except for one upper-level literature class, which (you guessed it!) requires English 101. Now... my transcript reflects that I have already taken upper-division level Psychology courses in college. Is there really a chance that I will spend this summer taking Psych 101, a class that I tested out of while still in high school??? That stresses me, that stresses me a lot. But I will find out tomorrow... surely they are going to count my AP scores, or at the very least decide that taking upper level Psychology classes in the past is an acceptable pre-req... right??? RIGHT???
Well, from there it dawned on me that I am jumping from not being in school at all to taking all upper-division classes. Because that is all I have left. Is my head going to spin so fast that my brain flies out of my ears? Will I be over-challenged and fail everything? And who on earth is going to clean this house while I do all this working/studying?????
Sigh... another rambling of the only girl on earth who can work up a good panic attack before having anything to actually panic about...

1 responses:

Katie! said...

As you touched on, it would not be the end of the world for you to take a lower level class to get you back into the swing of things. Obviously, it would be more awesome if you didn't have to "retake" that class, but it might be good for your confidence (and the state of your house) if you had something of a transition back into school.

Essentially, I'm saying that however it works out will be fine!

Can't wait to hear how it goes!

 

Made by Lena