Saturday, March 7, 2009

Addiction vs Addiction

I have an addiction. I am completely addicted to this thing called spring. I simply can not be expected to confined to the house when the temperatures are in the seventies. It just can't happen. I rose out of bed at 8am this morning, went immediately outside and didn't come back in for 7 and a half hours. .

But, as you all know, I have another addiction. I may not have been writing about horse racing as much as usual, but it has never left my mind. So when this afternoon's Derby and Oaks preps, not to mention several other stakes races began, I had no choice but to come inside. I also had no choice but to throw open every window and shade so that I could continue to breath in the warm weather. I feel that my ability to compromise these two addictions proves that they are both very healthy addictions- which is good, as I could never, ever give either of them up! And don't worry, posts screaming the merits of The Pamplemousse, Stardom Bound, Old Fashioned, et all are forthcoming.


Just not right now... the computer plug won't reach my patch of sun on the floor.

0 responses:

 

Made by Lena